Review of the Binary Options Broker TopOption
TopOption is a binary options broker which offers various types of options, including Above/Below and One Touch options based on currency pairs (Forex), indices, stocks and other financial instruments. Currently, it is one of the few brokers in the sector properly regulated (CySEC).This broker offers a web based platform with an user friendly interface and different services for the client.
Type of Broker
TopOption Options is a Binary Options Broker
Country of origin
The headquarters of this company are located in Cyprus, with presence in United Kingdom, Spain and other countries.
TopOption belongs to the company SafeCap Investment (owner of the Forex broker Markets.com), which is regulated by CySEC of Cyprus (Licence Number 092/08).
This broker offers the possibility to trade with Binary Options based on the following 65 underlying assets:
- Forex market: 12 currency pairs of the Forex market, including the most important like the EUR/USD, GBP/USD and the USD/JPY, and other more exotic such as the NZD/USD and USD/TRY for example.
- Indices: 20 of the major stock indices of the market, including the S&P 500, NASDAQ 100, Dow, CAC 40, IBEX 35, DAX 30 and FTSE 100 among other.
Commodities: 8 of the most important and traded commodities of the market, including crude oil, gold, silver and corn.
Stocks: 25 of the most important stocks from the US market, the european market and the asian market, including Microsoft, Coca Cola, Google, BAE Systems, HSBC Holdings, Rolls Royce and Tata Motors among other.
Types of Binary Options
High/Low Binary Options: This is the most common and traded type of binary option due to its simplicity and the high and fast income that offer. In this case, the trader only has to determine if the price of the underlying asset is going to be up or down once the option expires. Usually, the expiration period of the Above/Below options offered by TopOption is 1 hour, however the client can trade with options that have shorter or extended maturities from 60 seconds to 1 week.
One Touch Binary Options: These are options which offer a higher performance compared with the Above/Below options. The trader must determine if the price of the underlying asset is going to reach or not a determined level of prices before the expiration of the option. If the trader considers that the price of the asset is going to touch that level, he should select “Touch” in the trading platform, but if he believes that the price is not going to touch that level, he should select “No Touch”. Generally, these options offer a payment of up to 500% in the case of TopOption.
Custom Binary Options: These are Above/Below options completely customized in which the investor can specify the main parameters of the option contract, including the underlying asset, the expiration period, the payment offered in the event that the option finished In The Money and the risk associated with the operation. In general, these options allow the traders to trade with binary options tailored to their trading strategies.
60 seconds Binary Options: Basically, these are Above/Below binary options which have an expiration period of just 60 seconds. Thanks to this feature, these options are ideal for traders who are interested in short-term operations, mainly in highly volatile markets and instruments such as Forex, oil and gold for example.
Pair options: In this type of binary option, the investors speculate about the performance of a financial asset compared to another, as may be the case of a stock of a specific sector against another stock in the same sector or a commodity against another. Two examples of pairs of assets to trade with these options are Google vs Facebook and Silver vs Gold.
Payment Offered by TopOption
- High/Low Options: If the call or put option expires “In the money”, TopOtion pays from 70%-85% of the contract inversion.
- One Touch Options: If the call or put option expires “In the money”, TopOtion pays from 70%-500% of the contract inversion.
-If the option expires “Out the money”, this broker allows the trader to recover from 0%-10% of the investment to avoid a total loss.
Topoption offers its customers the following types of trading accounts:
- Starter: This is the regular type of trading account of TopOptions and is designed for traders with little experience in the binary options market. It requires a minimum deposit of $100 and offers several advantages as a welcome bonus up to $250, an account manager, web-based trading platforms and for mobile devices, risk management tools, a number of educational e-books (Beginners Guide), educational videos on binary options, consumer protection insurance and alerts and market updates.
- Pro: It is a type of trading account designed for customers with more experience in binary options trading. It requires a minimum deposit of $1,000 and offers distinct advantages as a welcome bonus up to $ 500, an account manager (professional), web-based trading platforms and for mobile devices, risk management tools, a number of educational e-books (Beginners Guide), educational videos on binary options, personal training (3 hours per month), consumer protection insurance and alerts and market updates.
- VIP: It is a trading account created for customers with more experience and capital to invest in a professional manner in the binary options market. It requires a minimum deposit of $5,000 and offers distinct advantages as a welcome bonus up to $ 2500, an account manager (specialist), web-based trading platforms and for mobile devices, risk management tools, a number of educational e-books (start guide and advanced guide), educational videos on binary options, personal training (unlimited), consumer protection insurance, customer assistance outside trading hours, trading central report, SMS messages and alerts and market updates.
Topoption platforms has two web-based trading with the following features:
– Regular trading platform: A web-based application ( requires no download or installation ) which can be accessed from the website Topoptions . It is based on the famous platform specializing in binary options SpotOptions and features a design that incorporates multiple trading functions such as updated quotes of the underlying markets and price charts among others. Because it is a trading platform designed specifically for binary options transactions of various kinds, has several tools for managing operations that allow the opening of new positions and control of the options that are still active.
This application includes the following additional tools:
- Double Up: It’s a function that allows the trader to increase their investment in an operation with binary options and double your profits. Basically, when a binary option is near its expiration time and the investor predicts that the market will continue in the same direction , TopOption offers the possibility of doubling the option to just make a click on the button This Double Up the platform opens a new position with the same conditions as the original, but with the current price of the underlying asset.
- Roll Over: This feature is designed to extend the expiration period of a binary option , so it can be useful in transactions where the investor believes that an option at the moment is “Out The Money” has the possibility of end “In The Money ” if the expiration period is increased. The trader has the possibility of using this tool stop loss even 10 minutes before the expiration of the contract , however , the use of this feature requires the addition of an extra investment of 30% ( the potential return also increases by 30%).
- Sell Option: It is a tool through which the trader can sell back to a binary option broker for a fixed price . It is an option that can be used in those transactions in which the customer believes that the option will finish Out The Money due to the conditions presented by the market, which is a tool created to limit losses trader. However, Buy Me Out has the limitation that it can only apply to one hour prior to the expiration of the option, and only allows you to recover a percentage of the amount invested .
- Options Builder: This tool was created to allow the investor to trade the market with their own custom binary options . These options can be created and modified according to the needs and trader’s trading strategies. Through this tool, the trader has the ability to set the main parameters of the option contract , including the underlying asset, the expiration period , the return offered by the option (if it expires In The Money ) and risk level associated .
– ProOption: This is a web-based platform, which features a design that focuses more on price charts compared to the previous application. ProOption is designed to trade Above/Below binary options and has various functions, such as market updated quotes, price charts and the ability to track the historical performance of selected financial asset prices . Includes BuyMeOut function , through which the trader can sell an option back to the broker at any time ( while the option is active ) , of course for a fee. This tool helps TopOption customer to limit or reduce the risk of loss.
It allows to open a free account, but for the moment it does not offers a Demo account.
-The client can deposit and withdrawl funds through the following options: bank wire transfer, credit cards (the major credit cards), debit cards, Skrill and Webmoney.
Main Advantages of TopOptions
- Topoption is a registered and regulated broker by CySEC in Cyprus. Currently, it is also registered with the FCA of UK as it belongs to the company Safecap Investment.
- On a regular basis, this broker offers bonuses for new clients that open a trading account and deposit funds.The maximum amount of these bonuses is $2500.
- This broker does not charge direct fees for customer trades.
- It has a personal training service for their customers.
- Topoption customers have access to a personal account manager. Depending on the type of trading account, this manager can be a professional or a specialist in binary options trading.
- A service of trading alerts and market updates.
- Daily and Weekly Analysis made by market experts.
- An updated economic calendar.
- This broker offers its customers various education resources and markets binary options in general:
- Free seminars.
- A simple tutorial on the broker’s website.
- Several electronic books about binary options.
- A library of video tutorials for beginners and experienced traders about binary options and the trading platform of Topoption.
- A binary options glossary.
- Topoption offers the possibility to earn money by promoting its services as a broker through the affiliate program Markets.com Affiliates.
Main Broker Offers
TopOption offers several promotions to its customers, including bonuses for new customers who open a trading account and deposit funds.
Minimum account size
The minimum deposit required to start trading with TopOption is 200 US dollars or euros, depending on the currency chosen by the trader to open the trading account.
Minimum transaction size
5 US dollars/euros.
Maximun transaction size.
1000 US dollars/euros.
Link to the website
Open an account