The Adjustable MA 3G is a highly customizable moving averages expert advisor which is based on the 3rd Generation Moving Average indicator and the classical crossover trading strategy of moving average. With this EA the trader can adjust the moving averages periods, moving average type, the kind of price, stop loss levels and take profits, the difference between the moving averages, the trailing stop, the slippage in the price and money management parameters. It is programmed to open a position when a crossing occurs and to close the same position when there is another crossing in case the operation is not complete because the stop loss or take profit levels was not achieved.
- By default, it uses a fixed stop loss of 100 pips and a take profit of 70 pips. Both variables can be modified.
- The trailing stop is disabled by default.
- In a 5 minute chart for the EUR / USD, this EA performs a trade on average every 2 days.
- This EA provides multiple opportunities to improve its performance by varying its input parameters in combination with the currency pair and time frame.
Below are the parameters and results for this EA:
- Stop Loss: Variable.
- Take Profit: Variable.
- Currency Pairs: All.
- Time Frames: All.
- Best results: EUR/USD with a time frame of 5 minutes.
- Percent gain: 67.8%.
- Maximum Drawdown: 4.3%.
Note: This EA is compatible with ECN brokers.